2020 Super Rugby AU – Melbourne Rebels vs Brumbies Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Rebels vs Brumbies taking place? Friday 7th August, 2020 – 10:05 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Rebels vs Brumbies taking place? Leichhardt Oval
What channel is Melbourne Rebels vs Brumbies on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Melbourne Rebels vs Brumbies? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Rebels vs Brumbies? Visit this link for ticket information on Super Rugby games
THE TEAM NEWS
- Melbourne Rebels made it back-to-back wins and three games without defeat in Super Rugby AU as they overcame Western Force but it was far from straightforward and they had to wait until extra-time to seal the victory.
- The Force struck a penalty to level the scores at 20-all at full-time but the Rebels were able to overcome that setback with Isi Naisarani crossing to seal the Super Time win and keep the Melbourne outfit in the hunt for the title.
- Despite the win, the Rebels have made several changes this week including in the halves with Ryan Louwrens ruled out for the campaign with Andrew Deegan taking his place while Frank Lonani is named to partner him.
- Brumbies continued their assault on the Super Rugby AU title as they maintained their perfect start to the season with their fourth consecutive win as they edged the Reds in a thrilling contest last week.
- The Brumbies were looking comfortable after opening up a 14-0 lead but 20 unanswered points for the Reds appeared to be handing the Brumbies their first defeat of the tournament until a last-gasp penalty from Mack Hansen sealed the win.
- There are two changes to the starting XV for the Brumbies with vice-captain Tom Cusack and winger Andy Muirhead returning to the run-on side but last week’s match-winner Hansen is on the bench once again.
Melbourne Rebels did just enough to earn the win last week as they defeated Western Force in Super Time but they must improve on that effort in this must-win game against Brumbies. The Rebels cannot afford to lose any further ground on the Brumbies, who hold an eight-point lead over their opponents in this clash. The Brumbies also left it late last week as they snatched the win to make it four in a row at the start of this competition and they can continue that run with another win here.