When is Brumbies vs Western Force taking place? Friday 28th August, 2020 – 10:05 (UK)
Where is Brumbies vs Western Force taking place? GIO Stadium
What channel is Brumbies vs Western Force on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Brumbies vs Western Force? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Brumbies vs Western Force? Visit this link for ticket information on Super Rugby games
THE TEAM NEWS
- Brumbies bounced back from their first loss of the competition in style as they produced a brilliant performance to overcome NSW Waratahs and they now know that they will be in the top three come the end of the round robin.
- The Brumbies ran in six tries in the 38-11 success which came on the back of a dominant second half display as they kept the Waratahs scoreless and scored 26 points of their own to leave them needing just one win from their final two matches to ensure they finish at the top of the standings.
- After making nine changes last week, the Brumbies got the desired effect from those alterations and have decided to largely stick with the same side with halfback Joe Powell the only change to the starting XV as Ryan Lonergan makes way.
- Western Force were on the end of another big scoreline last week but their loss to the Reds can only be described as a hammering as they were defeated by a margin of 52 points and they must show huge improvements here or they could suffer a similar fate.
- The Force were kept scoreless in the first half as they trailed 0-15 at the break and despite being first to score in the second period, they then went on to concede 42 unanswered points in the 5-57 loss.
- After such a poor showing, it is little surprise to see some changes to the Force side this week with Jono Lance lining-up at fly-half while Henry Stowers is among the other changes as he comes in to start at number eight.
Brumbies and Western Force have gone down very different paths in Super Rugby AU and this could get messy as they meet in the penultimate round of fixtures. The Brumbies can seal a home final with a win here and they will be well-fancied to do so after such a strong second half performance in their game with NSW Waratahs while it was the opposite for the Force who were torn to shreds by the Reds. The Brumbies have won all but one of their matches in Super Rugby AU so far and with the Force yet to earn a single victory, this should be a one-sided affair with the Brumbies likely to be winners by at least 20 points.