2020 Super Rugby Aotearoa – Hurricanes vs Highlanders Preview & Prediction
When is Hurricanes vs Highlanders taking place? Sunday 12th July, 2020 – 04:35 (UK)
Where is Hurricanes vs Highlanders taking place? Sky Stadium
What channel is Hurricanes vs Highlanders on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Hurricanes vs Highlanders? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Hurricanes vs Highlanders? Visit this link for ticket information on Super Rugby games
THE TEAM NEWS
- Hurricanes earned a valuable win last week as they broke their Super Rugby Aotearoa duck with their first win of the campaign against the Chiefs and they will hope to build on that as they host the Highlanders.
- The Hurricanes did most of their damage in the first half as they opened up a 17-point lead and despite a second half fightback from the Chiefs, it was not enough as the Hurricanes were able to hang on.
- Despite the win, it was not all good news for the Hurricanes who have lost co-captain Dane Coles due to injury along with Fraser Armstrong, Reed Prinsep and Gareth Evans with the Hurricanes making five changes in total to last week’s starting XV.
- Highlanders lost for the second game in succession as they were defeated by Crusaders last week but they will be disappointed in their efforts in that contest having taken a lead into half-time.
- The Highlanders led 17-14 at the break but they could only add three points in the second half while they conceded 26 in the one-sided half and they will need to make major improvements after that loss.
- Even though they were on the end of a big defeat last week, the Highlanders have once again largely stuck with the same side that has featured in the competition so far, although winger Ngatungane Punivai is ruled out through injury.
Hurricanes earned their first win of Super Rugby Aotearoa last week but if they are to have any chance of winning the tournament, it is likely that they will need to back it up with another win here. The same goes for their opponents in this game with the Highlanders managing just one win from their three games so far. The Highlanders have not beaten the Hurricanes in Wellington since 2015 and even though the hosts have lost their last two matches on home soil, the Hurricanes should be able to come out on top in this one.