When is Hurricanes vs Chiefs taking place? Saturday 8th August, 2020 – 08:05 (UK)
Where is Hurricanes vs Chiefs taking place? Sky Stadium
What channel is Hurricanes vs Chiefs on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Hurricanes vs Chiefs? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Hurricanes vs Chiefs? Visit this link for ticket information on Super Rugby games
THE TEAM NEWS
- Hurricanes continued their impressive run of form as they produced a superb performance to defeat Crusaders in their latest outing and after winning their last four matches, they will be full of confidence ahead of this clash with the Chiefs.
- In an extremely close tussle, the game could have gone to Super Time with the Crusaders having a chance to level but their conversion attempt was waved away and the Hurricanes were able to hang on to win by just two points.
- The Hurricanes will now be refreshed after having the week off but the game comes too soon for former All Black Julian Savea following his return to the franchise from Toulon but in better news, Dane Coles have managed to overcome a back problem to line-up at hooker.
- Chiefs have one last opportunity to end their miserable Super Rugby Aotearoa campaign on a high as they take on the Hurricanes looking to put an end to their winless tournament after making it seven straight losses with their defeat to Crusaders last week.
- The Chiefs knew it would be a tall order against the Crusaders but they had every chance of pulling off a shock victory when they pulled to within a point of their opponents in the second half, although they were unable to get in front and the Crusaders built on their lead.
- There are some big changes to the make-up of this week’s 23-man squad with two Super Rugby debutants in Robb Cobb and Kini Naholo set to feature from the bench while All Black Luke Jacobson returns from a broken hand.
Hurricanes have now won four games in a row and they will look to continue their impressive streak as they take on the winless Chiefs, whose miserable Super Rugby Aotearoa campaign will come to an end after this fixture. The Chiefs lost their seven successive game in this competition with a defeat against Crusaders last week, the same side that the Hurricanes overcame in their previous contest. The hosts also come into this on the back of a week off and their freshness as well as superior form should enable to them to win again here to make it four straight wins against the Chiefs.