When is Hurricanes vs Blues taking place? Saturday 18th July, 2020 – 08:05 (UK)
Where is Hurricanes vs Blues taking place? Sky Stadium
What channel is Hurricanes vs Blues on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Hurricanes vs Blues? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Hurricanes vs Blues? Visit this link for ticket information on Super Rugby games
THE TEAM NEWS
- Hurricanes made it back-to-back wins but they were made to work hard for it in their game with Highlanders last week after they led 12-0 at the break before extending that advantage to 17 points.
- They failed to put the game to bed and allowed the Highlanders to get back into the contest as they closed the gap to just six points but they were able to hold on to earn their second victory of Super Rugby Aotearoa.
- The Hurricanes have been boosted by the return of Dane Coles from injury for this contest while Jackson Garden-Bachop has been selected to start in the number 10 jersey at the expense of Fletcher Smith and Peter Umaga-Jensen comes into the midfield.
- Blues were second best in their clash of the two unbeaten teams last week as Crusaders earned the victory to leave the Blues six points behind their rivals at the top of the Super Rugby Aotearoa standings.
- The Blues will be frustrated by that outcome heaving led narrowly at half-time before extending their advantage at the start of the second half but they conceded 17 unanswered points to close the game out which condemned them to defeat.
- Dan Carter was set to make his debut for the Blues in this contest but he has suffered an injury in training which means he must wait at least another week while there are three changes to last week’s side with Kurt Elkund, Aaron Carroll and Emoni Narawa replacing James Parson, Blake Gibson and Caleb Clarke.
Blues suffered their first loss of Super Rugby Aotearoa last week and it could prove to be a pivotal one in their search for the title. It was actually the Blues’ first loss in eight matches and they will be eager to respond in this contest. They face the Hurricanes who made it two wins in a row last week but they will appreciate that this is a very difficult assignment. The Blues were 30-20 winners when the two teams met in the opening round of this competition and having come out on top in their last two meetings, the Blues can make it three successive wins against the Hurricanes in this one.