2020 Super Rugby Aotearoa – Highlanders vs Hurricanes Preview & Prediction
When is Highlanders vs Hurricanes taking place? Saturday 15th August, 2020 – 04:05 (UK)
Where is Highlanders vs Hurricanes taking place? Forsyth Barr Stadium
What channel is Highlanders vs Hurricanes on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Highlanders vs Hurricanes? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Highlanders vs Hurricanes? This match will be played behind closed doors
THE TEAM NEWS
- Highlanders will bring their Super Rugby Aotearoa campaign to an end as they take on Hurricanes but they will hope to finish on a high in what has been a disappointing competition for them having only earned two wins.
- Both of those successes came against the winless Chiefs which highlights how much the Highlanders have struggled and despite leading at half-time in their latest match with Crusaders, they crumbled in the second half as they conceded 19 unanswered points.
- The 32-22 loss was disappointing for the Highlanders having played well for large spells but that effort has been noted with just one change to their 23 with Tom Florence joining the bench in place of Jesse Parete which will be the flanker’s debut for the Highlanders.
- Hurricanes continued their fine run of form as they made it five wins in a row in Super Rugby Aotearoa with a win over the Chiefs last week but they will be left to wonder what might have been with the Crusaders claiming the title.
- A slow start to the competition has stopped the Hurricanes from challenging for the crown but they will hope to keep their winning streak going to wrap-up their campaign after a 31-18 success against the Chiefs.
- Ben May will play his final game for Hurricanes in this clash but there is no place for Ardie Savea whilst TJ Perenara is also missing with his wife due to give birth to their first child.
Highlanders and Hurricanes will both be eager to end on a high as Super Rugby Aotearoa draws to a close. The Highlanders have been poor and despite putting in several displays worthy of note, they have often failed to perform for the full 80 minutes which has resulted in just two wins. They will hope to improve on that record but the in-form Hurricanes are going in search of a sixth straight win and with that form behind them, they should prove to be too good here to make it four successive wins against the Highlanders.