When is Crusaders vs Blues taking place? Saturday 11th July, 2020 – 08:05 (UK)
Where is Crusaders vs Blues taking place? Orangetheory Stadium
What channel is Crusaders vs Blues on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Crusaders vs Blues? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Crusaders vs Blues? Visit this link for ticket information on Super Rugby games
THE TEAM NEWS
- Crusaders maintained their 100% start to Super Rugby Aotearoa as they came from behind to beat Highlanders last week and they did so in impressive fashion but they cannot afford to start this contest like they did last week.
- The Crusaders looked to be coasting at 0-8 but conceded two quick tries as the Highlanders went in front to lead 14-8 and they went into the break three points down but a sensational second half display saw them run out 20-40 winners.
- The Crusaders have made a surprise selection decision with Will Jordan dropping to the bench despite some brilliant displays so far with David Havili named at fullback and George Bridge and Sevu Reece are named on the wings.
- Blues made it three wins from three to begin their Super Rugby Aotearoa campaign as they continued where they left off during the abandoned Super Rugby season to make it seven wins in a row.
- They had to produce a comeback to get the better of the Highlanders in their last game after initially surrendering a 12-point advantage at the start of the second half but they edged themselves in front and held on for a win by just three points.
- There are two changes to their starting XV against the Highlanders with Finlay Christie coming in at halfback for Sam Nock while Harry Plummer comes into the centres for TJ Faiane and there is also a boost on the bench with the return of Karl Tu’inukuafe and Blake Gibson.
All eyes were on whether Dan Carter would be selected to face his former side but he misses out on this top of the table clash. Both Crusaders and Blues are three from three so far and they both come into this one the back of winning their last seven matches. There is little to split the two teams but the Crusaders have won their last 11 matches against the Blues and they should be able to extend that record by winning this by at least seven points.