When is Chiefs vs Hurricanes taking place? Sunday 5th July, 2020 – 04:35 (UK)
Where is Chiefs vs Hurricanes taking place? FMG Stadium Waikato
What channel is Chiefs vs Hurricanes on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Chiefs vs Hurricanes? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Chiefs vs Hurricanes? Visit this link for ticket information on Super Rugby games
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chiefs’ poor start to Super Rugby Aotearoa continued as they lost for the third successive game and this is simply a must win game as they take on Hurricanes in a battle between the two winless teams.
- The Chiefs were edged by the Crusaders last week as their opponents were able to build at 15-point lead early in the second half and despite the Chiefs closing that deficit to five, they were unable to get themselves in front.
- A loss here would almost certainly mean the Chiefs cannot win the competition and with so much at stake, they have made five changes to his 23-man squad with Anton Lienert-Brown the main casualty because of injury.
- Hurricanes will hope that their bye week came at the right time having lost their opening two matches of Super Rugby Aotearoa with the Crusaders dishing out a heavy loss to them in their last game.
- The Hurricanes were level at 25-all in the second half but they could not add any further points and the Crusaders scored two converted tries to condemn the Hurricanes to their second loss.
- Conceding 39 points will be a big concern for the Hurricanes but their week off has allowed them to recall key man Jordie Barrett who has managed to overcome a shoulder injury in what will be a changed backline as his side attempt to pick-up their first win of the competition.
The Chiefs and Hurricanes are both winless in Super Rugby Aotearoa so far and this is a must-win game for the pair. There is particular emphasis on the Chiefs who are 0-3 and defeat here will almost certainly rule them out of contention to win the tournament. The Hurricanes have received a big boost with the return of Jordie Barrett but that might not be enough to break their duck with the Chiefs able to end their own poor run by edging the victory here on home soil.