2020 Super Rugby Aotearoa – Chiefs vs Highlanders Preview & Prediction
When is Chiefs vs Highlanders taking place? Sunday 19th July, 2020 – 04:35 (UK)
Where is Chiefs vs Highlanders taking place? FMG Stadium Waikato
What channel is Chiefs vs Highlanders on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Chiefs vs Highlanders? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Chiefs vs Highlanders? Visit this link for ticket information on Super Rugby games
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chiefs will hope their bye week can prove to be the catalyst for an improved second half of their Super Rugby Aotearoa campaign after their winless start continued in their previous contest.
- The Chiefs were made to pay for a poor start in their clash with the Hurricanes as they trailed by 17 points at the break and despite narrowing that gap in the second half, they were unable to find a way to get their noses in front.
- With just four tries and a penalty try to their name in four matches, the Chiefs must improve with the ball and head coach Warren Gatland has made a raft of changes to his side with Brad Weber and Kaleb Trask named as the duo to guide his team around the pitch.
- Highlanders suffered their third loss in four matches as they were edged by Hurricanes in a low-scoring contest last week and they will hope they can earn a repeat of their only win in the competition so far as they face the Chiefs.
- The Highlanders were kept scoreless in their clash last week and they eventually ended up 17-0 down but to their credit, the Highlanders fought back with 11 unanswered points to reduce the gap to six points.
- Their comeback proved to be in vain but they will believe they can do the double over the Chiefs and they will be boosted by the return of Josh Ioane who will make his first appearance of the competition from the bench.
Super Rugby Aoteroa has not gone to plan for the Chiefs and Highlanders with the pair winning just one game between them from their games so far. That solitary victory for the Highlanders came when they defeated the Chiefs in their opening match of the tournament. That was a nervy affair that the Highlanders just edged thanks to some late drama in what was a high-scoring affair and with both teams being encouraged to throw the ball around in this one, it is likely that this game will see at least 50 points.