When is Chiefs vs Crusaders taking place? Saturday 1st August, 2020 – 08:05 (UK)
Where is Chiefs vs Crusaders taking place? FMG Stadium Waikato
What channel is Chiefs vs Crusaders on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Chiefs vs Crusaders? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Chiefs vs Crusaders? Visit this link for ticket information on Super Rugby games
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chiefs remain without a win in Super Rugby Aotearoa after they suffered their sixth successive loss last week with the Blues proving too good for them and they are running out of time to end their drought.
- The Chiefs trailed 14-0 but turned the game on its head with a superb comeback as they were able to lead 14-17, although those efforts proved to be in vain as they could not hold on and succumbed to a 21-17 defeat.
- With seven wins from their last 10 home matches against the Crusaders, the Chiefs should have some confidence but their recent run of form will make it difficult to improve that record, although they will be able to call upon Angus Ta’avao from the bench following a long-term injury.
- Crusaders’ 100% start to their Super Rugby Aotearoa campaign was ended as they lost out in a sensational contest with the Hurricanes last week and they will be desperate to put that defeat behind them to keep their title tilt on track.
- In a wide-open, topsy-turvy game, both teams had several chances to ensure they earned the win but it was the Hurricanes who did enough to lead and despite the Crusaders keeping it tight, a failed conversion to level the game proved costly.
- They now face the Chiefs with some big-name absentees and they have been forced to name an inexperienced pack with George Bower and Sione Havili the new faces in the starting side while Mitchell Drummond starts in the backline.
The Chiefs have struggled in Super Rugby Aotearoa so far and they will be desperate to break their duck as they face the Crusaders. It is a very tough task for them against a side with just one loss to their name so far and with that coming last week, they will be eager to produce an immediate response. The Chiefs have been strong on home soil in recent matches with the Crusaders but that looks set to count for little with the away side likely to be too good and they can move a step closer to securing the title with victory here.