When is Blues vs Hurricanes taking place? Sunday 14th June, 2020 – 04:35 (UK)
Where is Blues vs Hurricanes taking place? Eden Park
What channel is Blues vs Hurricanes on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Blues vs Hurricanes? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Blues vs Hurricanes? Visit this link for ticket information on Super Rugby games
THE TEAM NEWS
- Blues were on a good run of form before the Super Rugby season was curtailed and they will hope to continue their four-game winning streak as they face the Hurricanes in their opening contest of Super Rugby Aotearoa.
- The Blues attracted all of the headlines during the enforced break in play as they raised plenty of eyebrows with the signing of All Blacks legend Dan Carter but the fly-half will not feature in this contest.
- Beauden Barrett will make his long-awaited debut at fullback for the Blues while former Hurricanes halfback Finlay Christie will also make his first appearance for his new club from the bench.
- Hurricanes earned a solid victory over the Chiefs in their final game before the Super Rugby season was ended and that performance will be the blueprint for them in this newly-formed competition.
- The Hurricanes have won five straight games in Auckland against the Blues so should hold no fear in this contest although the bumper crowd may make it a more daunting prospect against the star-studded outfit.
- In a big boost ahead of this fixture, the Hurricanes are able to name the devastating Ardie Savea among their interchanges following a lengthy injury lay-off but they must do without key fullback Jordie Barrett who picked up a shoulder injury earlier in the week.
This should be a brilliant contest between the Blues and the Hurricanes in front of a sell-out crowd at Eden Park. Both teams were in good form before the Super Rugby season was halted and they will hope to carry on where they left off at the start of this new tournament. The Hurricanes have dominated recent contests against the Blues in Auckland but the hosts look to have the edge here and should be able to do enough to avoid a sixth consecutive loss on home soil against this opposition.