When is Blues vs Highlanders taking place? Saturday 27th June, 2020 – 08:05 (UK)
Where is Blues vs Highlanders taking place? Eden Park
What channel is Blues vs Highlanders on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Blues vs Highlanders? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Blues vs Highlanders? Visit this link for ticket information on Super Rugby games
THE TEAM NEWS
- Blues made it two wins from two to begin their Super Rugby Aotearoa campaign as they proved too good for the Chiefs last week and they will be confident of more success as they return to Eden Park.
- The Blues set a new club record as they made it five wins away from home in succession but it is their home form that will come under scrutiny as they host the Highlanders, a team that beat them when they last met back in April last year.
- After such an impressive performance against the Chiefs last week, it comes as little surprise that the Blues have retained the same side with head coach Leon MacDonald seeing no reason to change his line-up with Joe Marchant set to play his final game for the club.
- Highlanders have won their only game in the competition so far after edging the Chiefs in a pulsating contest in their opening match and they should come into this contest refreshed following their bye week.
- The Highlanders will be confident of success against the Blues having won 11 of the last 15 meetings between the two teams in Super Rugby contests but the hosts have started this competition in white-hot form and will pose a considerable test.
- Head coach Aaron Mauger cannot settle on who should line-up at fullback in his side and he has opted to name Scott Gregory in the #15 shirt for this contest while Bryn Gatland, who kicked the match-winning drop-goal against the Chiefs, will have to settle for a spot on the bench once again with Mitch Hunt keeping the starting fly-half berth.
These two unbeaten teams in yet another mouth-watering clash in the Super Rugby Aotearoa. The Blues are two from two after beating the Chiefs last week while the Highlanders won their only game against the same opponents. That result came thanks to a late drop-goal but the Blues were much more impressive in their win last week and having looked very strong in their opening two games, the hosts should be able to come out on top and win by at least 11 points in the process.