When is Italy vs Scotland taking place? Saturday 22nd February, 14:15
Where is Italy vs Scotland taking place? Stadio Olimpico
What is the expected weather for Italy vs Scotland? 16c in sunny skies
What channel is Italy vs Scotland on? ITV 1
Where can I stream Italy vs Scotland? Italy vs Scotland can be streamed via ITV Player
Where can I get tickets for Italy vs Scotland? Fans seeking tickets should visit the ticket section of the official rugby union website for each nation
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Scotland 33-20 Italy
THE TEAM NEWS
- Italy are without a win from either of their two matches in this year’s Six Nations but this game against Scotland represents their best chance of ending their drought in the competition.
- The Italians showed some good character in their second game of the tournament as they responded to their nilling against Wales by putting in a much better display against France, a game they lost by just 13 points.
- Interim head coach Franco Smith has made just a solitary change the starting XV that featured at the Stade de France as Dean Budd drops to the bench with veteran Alessandro Zanni coming into the side in his place.
- Scotland went toe-to-toe with England in dreadful conditions at Murrayfield but in a closely-fought game, it was the English who prevailed to lift the Calcutta Cup in their last Six Nations contest.
- Gregor Townsend was very proud of his side’s efforts in that game against England and has opted against making sweeping changes to his side but he is forced into one change with Jonny Gray ruled out for the tournament with a hand injury which sees Ben Toolis take his place in the side.
- Centre Huw Jones has been dropped for Chris Harris with hooker Stuart McInally replacing Fraser Brown in the starting XV and in a final change, Matt Fagerson is included in the squad but has to settle for a place on the bench at the expense of Nick Haining.
Italy have not won a game in the Six Nations since 2015 when they toppled Scotland and this game against the same side presents their best opportunity of ending their drought. They will host the fellow winless team in Rome in a game that they will believe they can win but their opponents will have other ideas. Scotland pushed England all the way in terrible conditions in their last game and despite Italy showing some good signs against France, the Scots should be able to come away with their first win of this year’s tournament.