When is France vs England taking place? Sunday 2nd February, 15:00
Where is France vs England taking place? Stade de France
What is the expected weather for France vs England? 8c in mostly sunny skies
What channel is France vs England on? BBC 1
Where can I stream France vs England? France vs England can be streamed via BBC iPlayer
Where can I get tickets for France vs England? Fans seeking tickets should visit the ticket section of the official rugby union website for each nation
What was the outcome in the last meeting? England 44-8 France
THE TEAM NEWS
- France blew the lead against Wales as they were knocked out of the Rugby World Cup at the quarter-final stage and need major improvements on that effort in what was a disappointing campaign with numerous players underperforming.
- Following the conclusion of the RWC, France appointed Fabien Galthie to take over from Jacques Brunel and he named 20 uncapped players in his initial squad in what is set to be a new era for French rugby but only two of those players have been named in the starting XV .
- Anthony Bouthier will line-up at fullback whilst Mohamed Haouas will start at tight-head prop but Cameron Woki and Boris Palu could also debut from the bench with France set to be captained by Charles Ollivon who has been handed the armband despite only having 11 caps to his name with the flanker replacing the retired Guilhem Guirado in the role.
- Rugby World Cup runners-up England will be keen to put that disappointment behind them as they attempt to win the Six Nations and they head into this tournament as clear favourites.
- England coach Eddie Jones has made some additions to his backroom team as well as eight uncapped players in his initlal 34-man squad but as expected, he has made minimal changes to the side that featured heavily in the RWC with just three personnel changes to the side that started the final against South Africa with Anthony Watson missing out through injury which sees George Furbank make his debut at fullback.
- Billy Vunipola will miss the entire tournament after the number eight suffered a broken arm in the middle of January and his brother Mako is also left out with Joe Marler starting in the front row and Ellis Genge is the replacement on the bench.
England and France were denied the chance of meeting at the Rugby World Cup due to the typhoon but that may have been better news for the latter. France were hammered by England in their previous contest but they should be more competitive under a new coach. The French are set for a new era with a host of new players in the mix to feature but they may take time to gel and with England boasting plenty of strong options throughout their side, the away side should open their campaign with a victory.