When is United States vs Tonga taking place? Sunday 13th October, 2019 – 06:45 (UK)
Where is United States vs Tonga taking place? Hanazono Rugby Stadium, Higashiosaka City
What is the expected weather for United States vs Tonga? 19c in mostly cloudy skies
What television channel is United States vs Tonga on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 1
Where can I stream United States vs Tonga? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for United States vs Tonga? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: Tonga 20-17 USA
THE TEAM NEWS
- USA are yet to pick up a competition point at the 2019 RWC and only have one match remaining after they were defeated by Argentina but did manage to cross the whitewash for three tries.
- Those three tries will have been a relief for the United States after they had failed to score a single try against France and managed one consolation effort late on in their opening game against England.
- The Eagles are likely to make several changes, this being their second game in four days, but Ruben de Haas will hope to retain his spot, with the young scrum-half featuring for almost an hour on his first start against Argentina.
- Tonga gave France a big scare but they fell just short with another slow start to the game ultimately costing them chance of victory and now they have just one more chance to pick up their first win of the tournament.
- In Tonga’s three matches so far, they have trailed at the break by scorelines of 18-3, 28-7 and 17-7 and were being kept scoreless in the latter two games against Argentina and France until they got themselves on the scoreboard.
- The Tongans should name a strong side for their final contest of the tournament as they look to collect their first victory but if they are to do that, they must get off to a better start than they have managed in each of their matches up to this point.
Click here for the team news and prediction for Ireland vs Samoa
Click here for the team news and prediction for Namibia vs Canada
Click here for the team news and prediction for Japan vs Scotland
Click here for the team news and prediction for Wales vs Uruguay
The United States and Tonga will battle it out to avoid the wooden spoon in Pool C with neither of them managing to come out on top of any of their contests so far. The USA have shown glimpses of being capable of posing a threat but Tonga should have too much here and can avoid finishing bottom of the pool. They should be too strong up front and although the USA could have more joy than in their previous games, they are still likely to fall short.