When is South Africa vs Canada taking place? Tuesday 8th October, 2019 – 11:15 (UK)
Where is South Africa vs Canada taking place? Kobe Misaki Stadium, Kobe City
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs Canada? 21c in mostly cloudy skies
What television channel is South Africa vs Canada on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 4
Where can I stream South Africa vs Canada? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for South Africa vs Canada? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: South Africa 51-18 Canada
THE TEAM NEWS
- South Africa knew they had to beat Italy and they did not disappoint as they proved far too good for their Pool B counterparts and were helped along the way by an early second half red card for the Italians.
- The Springboks made 13 changes to the side they named for the Italy game and as expected, they have decided to heavily rotate once again for this one after all-but sealing their place in the quarter-finals.
- Head coach Rassie Erasmus has made 13 changes once again and named mostly a second-string side with captain Siya Kolisi kept in the side to build his fitness whilst Damian de Allende switches to outside centre.
- Canada were on the end of a huge loss to New Zealand as they failed to cross the whitewash and will be out to avoid a similar result as they face another of the tournament’s heavyweight teams in South Africa.
- The Canadians will look to give game time to more of their squad for this clash and have made six changes but one surprising omission is Djustice Sears-Duru who will have to settle for a place among the replacements.
- Fullback Andrew Coe is the only Canadian to cross the whitewash so far in this tournament and has been handed his first start of the competition whilst Hubert Buydens, Andrew Quattrin and Jake Ilnicki will form a new front row.
South Africa were ruthless in their vital clash against Italy and took full advantage of the Italians being reduced to 14-men early in the second half. The Springboks have opted to rotate ahead of what should be a quarter-final contest after this game but they are still capable of winning big. The Canadians have only scored one try from their two games so far and their quest will be to get at least one to their name here but they could be on the end of another heavy loss.