When is Scotland vs Samoa taking place? Monday 30th September, 2019 – 11:15 (UK)
Where is Scotland vs Samoa taking place? Kobe Misaki Stadium, Kobe City
What is the expected weather for Scotland vs Samoa? 21c but showers are expected during the game
What television channel is Scotland vs Samoa on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 1
Where can I stream Scotland vs Samoa? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for Scotland vs Samoa? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: Scotland 44-38 Samoa
THE TEAM NEWS
- Scotland struggled in their Rugby World Cup opener against Ireland and were soundly beaten as they failed to register a single try with the Scots needing to show plenty of improvement as they face a tricky game against Samoa.
- To compound the Scots’ misery, they have lost flanker Hamish Watson and scrum-half Ali Prince to knee and foot injuries respectively and they are so significant that they will take no further place in the tournament.
- Magnus Bradbury and Henry Pyrgos are the men to benefit from Watson and Price’s misfortune and will both come into contention for this game with Scotland set to make several changes to their starting XV.
- Samoa overcame a slow start to claim a comfortable victory over Russia in what they hope will set the tone for a successful tournament as they picked up a bonus-point victory after bagging six tries.
- Alapati Leiua was the star man for the Pacific Islanders as he scored two tries and made 163 metres in the match which was the most of any player in the tournament at the conclusion of that game.
- The Samoans will be sweating on the availability of Rey Lee-Lo and Motu Matu'u with the pair potentially facing disciplinary action after they were shown yellow cards for dangerous tackles against Russia.
Scotland got their campaign off to a poor start as they were outclassed by Ireland and will need to bounce back quickly or face elimination. They face a Samoa side that were impressive winners over Russia and the Pacific Islanders can make things tough for the Scots in this one. The loss of the influential Hamish Watson will be difficult for Scotland to deal with and if Samoa can perform like they did in the second half of their game against Russia, they could cause an upset.