When is Russia vs Samoa taking place? Tuesday 24th September, 2019 – 11:15 (UK)
Where is Russia vs Samoa taking place? Kumagaya Rugby Stadium, Kumagaya City
What is the expected weather for Russia vs Samoa? 19c in wet conditions
What television channel is Russia vs Samoa on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 4
Where can I stream Russia vs Samoa? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for Russia vs Samoa? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- Russia were defeated by hosts Japan in the opening game of the 2019 Rugby World Cup with their search for a maiden RWC win still underway with this game against Samoa almost certainly their best chance in this year’s competition.
- The Russians were competitive in their first game with Japan with fitness looking like an issue but despite those problems, they have decided to name an unchanged side in the hope that they will come on from that opening match.
- A powerful Samoa side may be able to capitalise on that with their forwards likely to find it more difficult against big opposition and a lot of pressure will fall on the shoulders of flanker Tagir Gadzhiev to lead from the front.
- Samoa will get their RWC campaign underway with a game against Russia and their defence will be key as they look to start with a win against a Russia side that are likely to throw plenty at them after their opening day defeat.
- The Samoans will be hoping skipper Chirs Vui can set the tone for a strong showing in their first game of the tournament as their physical nature will pose plenty of problems for the Russians.
- Melani Matavao is also set to be a key man for the Samoans at scrum-half when he is introduced from the bench and he will be tasked with getting quick ball out of the ruck to provide the likes of Tim Nanai-Williams.
Russia have now failed to win any of their five Rugby World Cup matches and face another tough test in their second game of this year's tournament. After going down to Japan, they face a Samoan side playing in their first game who can get their campaign off to a strong start. They are likely to miss out on a place in the quarter-finals but will have third spot in their sights and will need to win this if they are to achieve that goal.