When is Japan vs Scotland taking place? Sunday 13th October, 2019 – 11:45 (UK)
Where is Japan vs Scotland taking place? International Stadium Yokohama, Yokohama City
What is the expected weather for Japan vs Scotland? 19c in mostly cloudy skies
What television channel is Japan vs Scotland on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 1
Where can I stream Japan vs Scotland? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for Japan vs Scotland? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: Japan 16-21 Scotland
THE TEAM NEWS
- Japan scored a fourth try with the final play of the game to earn a crucial bonus-point victory over Samoa and that result means that their fate is in their own hands as the hosts look to advance to the quarter-finals.
- The Brave Blossoms know a win will see them progress to the knockout stages for the first time and will name the strongest side available but a loss would leave their hopes in the balance with the Ireland vs Samoa result also critical to determining which teams qualify.
- Japan are the only side in Pool A with a 100% record but that could count for nothing if they fail to maintain that record in their last game with the Scots and they will need to tighten up their defence for this game having conceded at least 10 points in each of their three matches so far.
- Scotland were ruthless as they made it two games in a row without conceding a point thanks to a comprehensive victory over Russia to keep their quarter-final hopes alive but everything rests on this final pool game.
- Scotland have concerns over Duncan Taylor who has a thumb injury ahead of this game but head coach Gregor Townsend has an otherwise full-strength squad to choose from.
- The Scots know that only a win is likely to be enough to see them progress but after scoring 95 points in their last two matches, confidence should not be an issue and they may feel that all of the pressure is on the hosts, who will have the hopes of the home nation on them.
Click here for the team news and prediction for Ireland vs Samoa
Click here for the team news and prediction for Namibia vs Canada
Click here for the team news and prediction for United States vs Tonga
Click here for the team news and prediction for Wales vs Uruguay
The final match of the pool stages could be one of the most entertaining and crucial games of the tournament. Both Japan and Scotland will fancy their chances of progression but it is unlikely that both will qualify and so it could be winner takes all. The hosts have done well so far but will need to match their level of performance against Ireland if they are to prevail whilst Scotland were not asked too many questions in their last two games and they did well not to concede a single point. The Scots are favoured to come out on top but Japan can spring another shock and make the knockout stages for the first time.