When is Italy vs Namibia taking place? Sunday 22nd September, 2019 – 06:15 (UK)
Where is Italy vs Namibia taking place? Hanazono Rugby Stadium, Higashiosaka City
What is the expected weather for Italy vs Namibia? 28c with a decent chance of rain
What television channel is Italy vs Namibia on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 1
Where can I stream Italy vs Namibia? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for Italy vs Namibia? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- Italy have never progressed out of the pool stage at the RWC and that is likely to be the case once again after they were handed the daunting task of having to overcome South Africa or New Zealand to advance from Pool B.
- The Italians’ place in the Six Nations has come under scrutiny in recent times and they failed to win a game this year but despite showing some dogged performances, they lack the quality to genuinely worry the better teams.
- Italy’s aim at this RWC should be to play some entertaining rugby and attempt to secure third spot in the group to qualify for 2023 and the younger talent in the side may be the ones to stand out with this squad having a ‘changing of the guard’ feel to it.
- Namibia will compete at their sixth consecutive Rugby World Cup but they are yet to pick up a single victory and they will hope to finally break their duck in what will be their ultimate aim for the tournament.
- They qualified for the RWC by winning the Rugby Africa Gold Cup with them going through that competition unbeaten but this is a different challenge altogether with some real powerhouses of the game in Pool B alongside them.
- Namibia do not have any real standout players in their side but one to keep an eye on at this tournament is lock Tjiuee Uanivi who was arguably their best player in the 2015 RWC and he will undoubtedly be important for them once again.
Namibia have never won a game at the Rugby World Cup but will target matches against Italy and Canada to finally end that streak. They will have to perform above their level if they are to overcome the Italians here who do not come into this tournament with the best of form behind them. They did not win a game in this year’s Six Nations but with plenty of the current squad coming towards the end of their careers, they will want to bow out on a high and they can seal a win in this opening match.