When is Italy vs Canada taking place? Thursday 26th September, 2019 – 08:45 (UK)
Where is Italy vs Canada taking place? Fukuoka Hakatanomori Stadium, Fukuoka City
What is the expected weather for Italy vs Canada? 21c in partly cloudy skies
What television channel is Italy vs Canada on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 4
Where can I stream Italy vs Canada? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for Italy vs Canada? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: Canada 18-20 Italy
THE TEAM NEWS
- Italy avoided a potential banana skin as they overcame Namibia in their 2019 RWC opener and will now look to kick-on against Canada in another contest that they are expected to win comfortably.
- Tiziano Pasquali was stretchered off with a collarbone injury in Italy's win over Namibia and although he looks to have avoided a serious problem, he will sit out this game as the Italians ring the changes.
- Conor O’Shea has decided to make no less than 10 changes to his starting XV as he looks to give some game time to his fringe players and they will be led by Dean Budd with captain Sergio Parisse one of those sitting out.
- Only Namibia came into this Rugby World Cup with a lower world ranking than Canada which highlights the task they have in front of them with Italy lying in wait in their first match of the tournament.
- Canada have some real experience in their ranks but Tyler Ardron is likely to be their key man at the back of the scrum and he will skipper the side in what is an interesting first team selection for the Canucks.
- Peter Nelson only won his first cap for Canada back in July but he will start in the all-important fly-half role whilst Josh Larsen is also a surprise inclusion in the starting XV having only received a late call-up to the squad as an injury replacement for Justin Blanchet.
Italy got their RWC campaign off to a solid start as they posted 47 points past Namibia and this game with Canada presents them with another chance to post a big score. Canada will find it tough going against a team with a win already under their belts and must defy the odds of their lowly world ranking if they are to spring a surprise here. The Italians have made 10 changes to their side but should still be comfortable winners in this one.