When is Ireland vs Samoa taking place? Saturday 12th October, 2019 – 11:45 (UK)
Where is Ireland vs Samoa taking place? Fukuoka Hakatanomori Stadium, Fukuoka City
What is the expected weather for Ireland vs Samoa? 21c in mostly cloudy skies
What television channel is Ireland vs Samoa on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 1
Where can I stream Ireland vs Samoa? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for Ireland vs Samoa? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: Ireland 40-9 Samoa
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ireland bounced back from their loss to Japan with a comfortable win over Russia but it was a lacklustre performance after a rapid start and they will need to improve moving forward, especially in this crucial contest with Samoa.
- The Irish have named a strong side as expected with head coach Joe Schmidt not taking any chances with his team selection which features 11 changes from the win over Russia and there is a welcome inclusion for Robbie Henshaw who will make his first start of the tournament.
- The centre has been struggling with an injury he picked up in training but will line-up alongside Bundee Aki in this game with Ireland’s first-choice front-row selected in Cian Healy, Rory Best and Tadhg Furlong whilst Conor Murray partners Johnny Sexton in the halves.
- Samoa were defeated by hosts Japan as they were unable to live with them in the final quarter of the game despite being just four points behind early in the second half as they fell to their second loss of the tournament, ending their chances of progression to the knockout stages.
- Ill-discipline was again an issue for the Samoans and they received another yellow card in their game against Japan but TJ Ioane retains his place in the side after he avoided punishment for his late hit.
- Samoa have made just two changes to their side for what will be their final game of the competition with loose-head prop Logovii Mulipola and second-row Teofilo Paulo returning to the side in place of Jordan Lay and Piula Faasalele.
Click here for the team news and prediction for United States vs Tonga
Click here for the team news and prediction for Namibia vs Canada
Click here for the team news and prediction for Japan vs Scotland
Click here for the team news and prediction for Wales vs Uruguay
Ireland must win this to seal their place in the knockout stages of the RWC and may even need a bonus point to be certain. The Irish were easy winners over Russia last time out but failed to impress and they may feel the pressure at certain points in this game but they have named a much stronger side for this contest. That should ensure any nerves are kept to a minimum with a host of experienced names in the side and they should be able to pick up a bonus-point victory.