When is Ireland vs Russia taking place? Thursday 3rd October, 2019 – 11:15 (UK)
Where is Ireland vs Russia taking place? Kobe Misaki Stadium, Kobe City
What is the expected weather for Ireland vs Russia? 20c in clear skies
What television channel is Ireland vs Russia on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 1
Where can I stream Ireland vs Russia? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for Ireland vs Russia? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: Ireland 62-12 Russia
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ireland suffered a shock defeat at the hands of host nation Japan in what is a huge blow to their hopes of advancing to the quarter-finals and they must now attempt to secure maximum points from their remaining games.
- Irish fly-half Johnny Sexton was rested for the game with Japan but he is expected to be recalled in place of Jack Carty as Ireland attempt to get back on track with this clash against a Russian side that have never won a game at the RWC.
- Other changes are also set to be made to the side having named such a strong side for their opening two matches and despite needing to win the game, head coach Joe Schmidt is likely to rotate in order to avoid burning his players out.
- Russia's wait for a maiden Rugby World Cup win continued as they were defeated by Samoa in a physical contest in Pool A and they could be in for another long night as they face a wounded Ireland side.
- The Russians named an unchanged side for their game with Samoa but they have decided to make some tweaks to their side for this encounter with nine changes announced by head coach Lyn Jones.
- Only Vasily Artemyev, Bogdan Fedotko, Kirill Gotovtsev, Tagir Gadzhiev, German Davydov and Kirill Golosnitskiy will retain their places in the side, with the most notable new face coming in to the starting XV winger Denis Simplikevich.
Click here to read the team news and prediction for France vs United States
Click here to read the team news and prediction for New Zealand vs Canada
Click here to read the team news and prediction for Georgia vs Fiji
Ireland fell to defeat against Japan in the biggest upset in this year's Rugby World Cup so far and that loss could have huge implications on their quest to qualify for the quarter-finals. They have a chance to get back to winning ways as they face Russia and they can hit back by picking up a comfortable win. The Irish will need to score early to settle any lingering jitters the loss to Japan has caused but once they settle, they should be able to get themselves back on track in a big way.