When is Georgia vs Uruguay taking place? Sunday 29th September, 2019 – 06:15 (UK)
Where is Georgia vs Uruguay taking place? Kumagaya Rugby Stadium, Kumagaya City
What is the expected weather for Georgia vs Uruguay? 17c in mostly cloudy skies
What television channel is Georgia vs Uruguay on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 1
Where can I stream Georgia vs Uruguay? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for Georgia vs Uruguay? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: Georgia 19-10 Uruguay
THE TEAM NEWS
- Georgia lost to Wales in their RWC opener but will take heart from their second-half performance in which they scored two tries and matched their opponents’ scoring in that 40-minute period.
- Georgia prop Levan Chilachava had a big impact from the bench against Wales and in a team that consists of 12 changes from that defeat he will start in this clash, offering him the opportunity for more game time.
- One noticeable change among the 12 is the appointment of Jaba Bregvadze who will captain Georgia for the first time with Mikheil Nariashvili rested, whilst regular captain Merab Sharikadze is also back in the squad after overcoming injury.
- Uruguay produced the upset of the tournament so far as they shocked Fiji to claim arguably the greatest result in their history, all-but eliminating their opponents in the process, and will give the Uruguayans hope of finishing third in Pool D.
- Los Teros will assess their squad before this next game with Georgia and it was always unlikely they would make too many changes to their starting XV after the shock win over Fiji. That has proven to be the case.
- Only two players will make way from the starting XV from their opening game with Juan Pedro Rombys replacing Diego Arbelo at tight-head prop whilst Alejandro Nieto comes in for Manuel Diana at number eight.
This could be a superb game between two un-fancied teams as Georgia take on Uruguay. Georgia did a good job in the second half of their game against Wales whilst Uruguay shocked Fiji and with confidence high, they can put in another big display to make it a close game. Georgia have heavily rotated for this game and they will want to avoid complacency having seen what Uruguay are capable of but the Georgians should be able to come out on top.