When is France vs United States taking place? Wednesday 2nd October, 2019 – 08:45 (UK)
Where is France vs United States taking place? Fukuoka Hakatanomori Stadium, Fukuoka City
What is the expected weather for France vs United States? 23c in sunny skies
What television channel is France vs United States on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 4
Where can I stream France vs United States? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for France vs United States? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: United States 31-39 France
THE TEAM NEWS
- France almost blew a 17-point half-time lead against Argentina as they needed a drop goal from Camille Lopez to edge the victory whilst they were also thankful that a late shot at goal from the Pumas was off target.
- Les Bleus are likely to manage their squad ahead of a run of three matches in the space of 10 days starting with this game and that has seen them make 12 changes to their starting line-up for this match with the USA.
- Number eight Louis Picamoles will captain the side for the first time in his career and despite the plethora of changes, it still looks like a very strong team that will be capable of scoring some points with the powerful Gael Fickou likely to cause problems at inside-centre having retained his place.
- 14-man United States were on the end of a heavy defeat against England with John Quill seeing a red card for a poor shot on Owen Farrell and the flanker’s Rugby World Cup is likely to be short-lived after he was banned for the remaining pool matches.
- The Eagles are without fullback Will Hooley who was stretchered off after landing awkwardly when attempting to defuse a kick against England whilst Paul Lasike is also out through injury.
- David Ainuu has left the squad due to his injury, with the USA forced into making four changes for this match whilst Ben Landry has been dropped with the likes of Bryce Campbell and Mike Teo earning a start.
France will need to improve on their second-half effort against Argentina as they had to come from behind to beat the Pumas despite leading by 17 at the break. They now face a USA side that were heavily beaten by England in their opening game and the French can win comfortably. They have named almost an entirely different starting XV but the strike threat of Gael Fickou remains, and he can be the key man for France.