When is France vs Argentina taking place? Saturday 21st September, 2019 – 08:15 (UK)
Where is France vs Argentina taking place? Tokyo Stadium, Tokyo
What is the expected weather for France vs Argentina? 23c but the pitch could be very wet with heavy showers expected during the day of the game
What television channel is France vs Argentina on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 1
Where can I stream France vs Argentina? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for France vs Argentina? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: France 28-13 Argentina
THE TEAM NEWS
- France endured a poor Six Nations campaign with three defeats against Wales, England and Ireland and if they do not show a big improvement on those performances at the start of the year, they could be in for a short tournament.
- The French do not seem to know what their strongest XV is after making numerous changes to their side during their warm-up matches and that could be a big factor for them, especially in this opening game against Argentina.
- The three-time runners-up know a lot depends on this first match against the Pumas and if they are to come out on top, hooker Guilhem Guirado will have to lead from the front with his impressive work-rate.
- Argentina head to the Rugby World Cup with form very much against them but they have shown enough in their performances to suggest they could be a dark horse to go deep in this competition.
- The Pumas failed to win a game at the recent Rugby Championship but did manage to overcome Australia and South Africa in last year’s tournament to demonstrate their capabilities on their day.
- Argentina work hard as a team with hooker Agustin Creevy the man that makes them tick but with a lack of genuine depth in their squad, they will have to hope they can avoid injuries if they are to enjoy a successful tournament.
This game between France and Argentina could go a long way to determining the fate of both teams at the tournament. England are favourites to win Pool C but either of these two are capable of progressing to the quarter-finals. The battle of the hookers will be key in this game but Agustin Creevy can come out on top and that can help his side claim the win in their opening game as they look to match their efforts in 2015, where they made the semi-finals.