When is Fiji vs Uruguay taking place? Wednesday 25th September, 2019 – 06:15 (UK)
Where is Fiji vs Uruguay taking place? Kamaishi Recovery Memorial Stadium, Kamaishi City
What is the expected weather for Fiji vs Uruguay? 21c in partly sunny skies
What television channel is Fiji vs Uruguay on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 4
Where can I stream Fiji vs Uruguay? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for Fiji vs Uruguay? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: Uruguay 7-68 Fiji
THE TEAM NEWS
- Fiji were on course for a shock victory over Australia in their Rugby World Cup opener but could not hold on to a half-time lead and were subsequently defeated with the Wallabies turning it on in the second half.
- The Fijians will be without influential flanker Peceli Yato for this game after he failed a HIA against the Wallabies after a high shot by Reece Hodge but his citing after the game will offer little consolation to Fiji.
- Viliame Mata is also out with a calf injury with head coach John McKee opting to make 12 changes to the side that lost to Australia with only Dominiko Waqaniburotu, Leone Nakarawa and Semi Radradra remaining in the starting XV.
- Uruguay will begin their campaign with a tricky test against a Fiji side that they were heavily defeated by back at the 2015 RWC although they may be boosted by the Fijians’ decision to rotate their side.
- That game will still be in the minds of eight of the Uruguayan squad selected for this game after they featured in that game in 2015 whilst they have retained nine of the starting XV that secured qualification for the RWC in the game against Canada in February last year.
- Los Teros will have to cope with the absence of Mario Sagario and Rodrigo Capo Ortega for the entire tournament after both made themselves unavailable for selection for personal reasons.
Fiji pushed Australia all the way in their RWC opener but the Wallabies proved too good in the final quarter of the game. The Fijians showed some good signs in that game and will be confident of bouncing straight back here and they can make light work of the Uruguayans even with a much-changed team. Those coming into the side will have a chance to impress ahead of what shapes to be a crucial match against Georgia and several could force their way into the reckoning for that game.