When is England vs United States taking place? Thursday 26th September, 2019 – 11:45 (UK)
Where is England vs United States taking place? Kobe Misaki Stadium, Kobe City
What is the expected weather for England vs United States? 14c in what is expected to be wet conditions
What television channel is England vs United States on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 1
Where can I stream England vs United States? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for England vs United States? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: England 28-10 United States
THE TEAM NEWS
- England were disappointing in their opening game of the Rugby World Cup with errors and poor decision making to blame and they will have to show big improvements moving forward despite defeating Tonga.
- Jonny May is a doubt for Eddie Jones' men after he left the field in England's game against Tonga with a hamstring injury and it is unlikely that any chances will be taken with his fitness this early in the tournament.
- England are likely to make changes to the side with Joe Cokanasiga the next in line on the wing to replace May whilst Mark Wilson and George Kruis will be among those hoping to be given a chance as Eddie Jones will surely rest a number of players for this one.
- USA will be looking to cause an upset in their first match of the 2019 RWC but will have a huge task on their hands against England despite facing a side who have a short turnaround plenty of travelling to do.
- The Americans have never progressed beyond the pool stage and look unlikely to again but number 8 Cam Dolan can cause problems for the opposition whilst they have a handful of other players who will look to take the game to England.
- It is a very inexperienced side for the United States in their opening game with 14 of the matchday 23 set to make their RWC debut if they feature with 19-year-old David Ainuu the youngest member of their squad lining-up a loose-head.
England picked up a bonus point victory over Tonga in their first game of Pool C but it was not the start they were hoping for in terms of their performance. They will be eager to put in a better effort against USA and whilst they should improve, the Americans might be able to avoid a big loss here. They will be the fresher of the two teams and with England set to make several changes which will likely affect their cohesion, they could cause further frustration within the English camp despite them making it two wins from two.