When is England vs Tonga taking place? Sunday 22nd September, 2019 – 11:15 (UK)
Where is England vs Tonga taking place? Sapporo Dome, Sapporo
What is the expected weather for England vs Tonga? 15c with a greasy surface expected due to rain at several intervals during the day
What television channel is England vs Tonga on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 1
Where can I stream England vs Tonga? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for England vs Tonga? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- England will look to add to their maiden Rugby World Cup triumph as they head to Japan full of confidence with some solid performances in their warm-up matches giving them the belief that they have the tools to go far in this competition.
- Eddie Jones’ men nilled Italy and hammered Ireland whilst also defeating Wales in one of their two clashes and they will take a lot from those efforts which they will attempt to replicate in this opening contest with Tonga.
- Prop Mako Vunipola will be missing for this game as well as the majority of the pool games as he attempts to overcome a hamstring injury whilst England also have doubts over several other players after opting to select some injured players in their squad.
- Tonga’s preparations for this World Cup could not have been worse and they will have to turn things around quickly but have the toughest possible start in Pool C as they face England.
- The Tongans were on the end of a shellacking by New Zealand with the All Blacks running riot in a 92-7 victory in their warm-up match and that was on the back of a loss to Fiji in the previous week.
- After qualifying for their seventh consecutive RWC, the Sea Eagles will be hoping they can pick up a win or two but they will need key man Sonatane Takulua to be at the top of his game at scrum-half.
England can win this Rugby World Cup but will need their best side on the pitch and that will not be the case at this early stage of the tournament. They are carrying several players with knocks and will hope that they can prove their fitness as the competition progresses. Whilst their opening game against Tonga should pose them few problems, they will still want to get underway in the right manner and they should be able to win comfortably.