When is Argentina vs United States taking place? Wednesday 9th October, 2019 – 05:45 (UK)
Where is Argentina vs United States taking place? Kumagaya Rugby Stadium, Kumagaya City
What is the expected weather for Argentina vs United States? 18c in mostly cloudy skies
What television channel is Argentina vs United States on in the UK? This match will be televised live on ITV 4
Where can I stream Argentina vs United States? This match can be streamed via ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for Argentina vs United States? https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets
Last meeting: USA 30-34 Argentina
THE TEAM NEWS
- Argentina's hopes of progressing to the quarter-finals were dashed as an early red card saw them suffer a heavy loss to England and they will now look to end their campaign with a win although it will feel like little consolation to them.
- The Pumas will be without Tomas Lavanini after the second-row was dismissed for a shoulder to the head of England's Owen Farrell and he has subsequently been banned for four matches.
- Head coach Mario Ledesma has decided to look towards the future with his team selection for his side’s final game of the tournament although veteran Juan Manuel Leguizamon will make his first start of the tournament in one of nine changes for the Pumas.
- USA put in a valiant effort against France but they could not live with their opponents in the final quarter of the game as the French avoided what would have been a big upset although the Eagles will take a lot out of that performance.
- The Eagles now have two games in four days and have made three changes to their side against Argentina ahead of the more winnable fixture against Tonga, which the United States may target in their quest to add to their three RWC victories.
- Promising scrum-half Ruben de Haas will make his first start for the United States in this game after he impressed from the bench against both England and France and he will be joined in the side by second-row Greg Peterson and centre Paul Lasike.
Argentina will look to bow out of the RWC with a win after they were eliminated from the tournament with defeat to England. That loss might have taken a lot out of them after playing over an hour with 14-men and they will be wary of the Eagles springing a surprise. That may explain why they have made nine changes to the side that lost to England and with a host of younger players keen to make an impression, they can come out on top in their final game.