2019-20 European Rugby Champions Cup – Ospreys vs Munster Preview & Prediction
When is Ospreys vs Munster taking place? Saturday 16th November, 2019 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Ospreys vs Munster taking place? Liberty Stadium, Swansea
What is the expected weather for Ospreys vs Munster? Cloudy, 6c
What television channel is Ospreys vs Munster on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport
Where can I stream Ospreys vs Munster? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Ospreys vs Munster? Official club websites will have ticket information about specific games. Tickets for the 2020 Finals in Marseilles can be obtained here
What was the score in the last meeting between Ospreys and Munster? Munster 28-12 Ospreys
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ospreys are on a poor run of form in the Pro 14 and lost their third consecutive game against Southern Kings in their last outing to sit in sixth place of Conference A with 6 points.
- The Swansea-based side qualified for the European Champions Cup in a play-off win over fellow Welsh team Scarlets back in May and find themselves in possibly the most difficult group, Pool 4.
- Ospreys are still missing several players who featured in the Rugby World Cup, and newly-signed Gareth Anscombe who was injured in an RWC warm-up, but also lost hooker Sam Parry to a knee injury last week.
- Munster have started the season strongly and have lost just one of their six matches so far after beating Ulster at the weekend to stay top of Conference B in the Pro 14, three points clear of second-paced Scarlets.
- Fly-half could be a problem position for two-time Champions Cup winners Munster after JJ Hanrahan suffered a hamstring injury in his side's latest victory.
- The Irish side won Pool 2 convincingly last season with four wins and a draw from six matches but they will have a harder time of it this season battling out for top spot of Pool 4 with champions Saracens and Racing 92.
Ospreys will be desperate to get their best XV on the field but that could be some way off with some of their Rugby World Cup stars still out coupled with a mounting injury list. Munster have injury issues of their own but should still have too much for the hosts who look set to struggle again, and throughout.