2019-20 European Rugby Champions Cup – Northampton Saints vs Lyon Preview & Prediction
When is Northampton Saints vs Lyon taking place? Sunday 17th November, 2019 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Northampton Saints vs Lyon taking place? Franklin's Gardens, Northampton
What is the expected weather for Northampton Saints vs Lyon? Chance of showers, 6c
What television channel is Northampton Saints vs Lyon on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport
Where can I stream Northampton Saints vs Lyon? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Northampton Saints vs Lyon? Official club websites will have ticket information about specific games. Tickets for the 2020 Finals in Marseilles can be obtained here
What was the score in the last meeting between Northampton Saints and Lyon? N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- Northampton Saints' perfect start to the season was brought to an end as they lost to Bath following three successive wins, becoming the last Premiership team to lose a match this season.
- The Saints have a gap to fill at hooker after former England captain Dylan Hartley announced his retirement on Thursday and while it had not come as a complete surprise his presence will be hard replace.
- Northampton have it all to do in Pool 1 with last season's runners-up Leinster on a mission to go one better this year and they will have to score as many points as possible early on to keep in touch with the Irish side.
- Lyon have lost just one of their nine Top 14 matches so far this season as they got back to winning ways against fellow Champions Cup combatants Stade Rochelais.
- Lyon boast a strong squad with plenty of strike players in attack having managed to score at least 20 points in all but one of their games so far in the Top 14 this season.
- The French side will most likely be battling for second spot in Pool 1 with Northampton as Benetton look to be the whipping boys of a tough group.
Northampton Saints were denied a fourth consecutive win at the weekend as they went down to Bath. They will hope to get back to winning ways as they host a strong Lyon side and with both teams capable of crossing the whitewash, this looks set to be a high-scoring affair between two teams who will be targeting this match as a win.