2019-20 European Rugby Champions Cup – Montpellier vs Toulouse Preview & Prediction
When is Montpellier vs Toulouse taking place? Saturday 14th December, 2019 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Montpellier vs Toulouse taking place? GGL Stadium, Montpellier
What is the expected weather for Montpellier vs Toulouse? 16c in partly cloudy skies
What television channel is Montpellier vs Toulouse on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport
Where can I stream Montpellier vs Toulouse? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Montpellier vs Toulouse? Official club websites will have ticket information about specific games. Tickets for the 2020 Finals in Marseilles can be obtained here
What was the score in the last meeting between Montpellier and Toulouse? Toulouse 23-9 Montpellier
THE TEAM NEWS
- Montpellier were prevented from scoring a try as compatriots Toulouse came out on top of what could turn out to be a pivotal contest in Pool 5 with eight points now separating the two teams.
- Montpellier would have gone top with a win in the all-French contest but now find themselves with just one win from their three games and sit in third spot with Toulouse now in pole position to advance.
- After producing a great display against Top 14 leaders Lyon in their last league contest, Montpellier were outclassed by their opponents last week and must respond in this game or face early elimination from the competition.
- Toulouse continued their recent strong form as they dispatched Montpellier to make it three wins from three in the European Champions Cup and they have put themselves in a very strong position in Pool 5.
- Sitting on 13 points, Toulouse have opened up a six-point lead over second-placed Gloucester and having won five games in a row in all competitions, they will be confident of making that six as they face Montpellier for the second time in quick succession.
- 20-year-old fly-half Romain Ntamack was in fine form as he bagged his side’s two tries last weekend and he will be central to his side’s chances once again as he is tasked with guiding Toulouse around the pitch in what should be a more difficult contest away from home.
Toulouse produced another solid performance as they managed to keep Montpellier from crossing the whitewash last week. That win was vital and they now sit comfortably at the top of Pool 5 with the three teams below them only managing to win one game each while Toulouse have won all three of their games. Montpellier should offer more on home soil but a repeat result looks set to be on the cards with Toulouse likely to be too good.