2019-20 European Rugby Champions Cup – Glasgow Warriors vs Sale Preview & Prediction
When is Glasgow Warriors vs Sale taking place? Saturday 16th November, 2019 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Glasgow Warriors vs Sale taking place? Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow
What is the expected weather for Glasgow Warriors vs Sale? Mostly cloudy, 4c
What television channel is Glasgow Warriors vs Sale on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport
Where can I stream Glasgow Warriors vs Sale? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Glasgow Warriors vs Sale? Official club websites will have ticket information about specific games. Tickets for the 2020 Finals in Marseilles can be obtained here
What was the score in the last meeting between Glasgow Warriors and Sale? Sale Sharks 45-3 Glasgow Warriors
THE TEAM NEWS
- Glasgow Warriors backed up their huge win over South Africa's Southern Kings as they made it back-to-back victories in their game against Italian side Zebre.
- The Warriors named a strengthened side for last week's game but opted to rest Callum Gibbins who will return for this first Champions Cup contest, with Glasgow hoping to at least emulate their runners-up qualification last season.
- There was good news off the pitch for Glasgow too, as Scotland international Fraser Brown has signed a new contract with the club that may well see him spend the rest of his career at Scotstoun.
- Sale Sharks got back to winning ways to make it two wins from their four matches in the Premiership so far this season after beating Wasps 28-18, with South African brothers Rob and Dan du Preez combining for 22 points.
- Josh Beaumont looks set for a long spell on the sidelines for the Sharks after he suffered a potentially serious knee injury last week, and they continue to await their star new signing Lood de Jager as the Springbok will need surgery following his RWC Final injury.
- Sale have a tough task ahead of them if they are to progress from Pool 2, with Exeter Chiefs in the mix alongside their first opponents Glasgow Warriors, but an unlikely home win here would put them in an excellent starting position.
Glasgow Warriors have looked dominant in their last two matches and that does not bode well for Sale at the AJ Bell Stadium. The Sharks will travel on the back of a solid win themselves but with the home side edging towards full-strength, they should be able to make it three victories in a row in all competitions.