2019-20 European Rugby Champions Cup – Bath vs Ulster Preview & Prediction
When is Bath vs Ulster taking place? Saturday 16th November, 2019 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Bath vs Ulster taking place? Recreation Ground, Bath
What is the expected weather for Bath vs Ulster? Mostly cloudy, 5c
What television channel is Bath vs Ulster on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport
Where can I stream Bath vs Ulster? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Bath vs Ulster? Official club websites will have ticket information about specific games. Tickets for the 2020 Finals in Marseilles can be obtained here
What was the score in the last meeting between Bath and Ulster? Bath 22-26 Ulster
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bath responded to their loss to Wasps by picking up their second win of the season in the Premiership against Northampton Saints, despite losing winger Alex Brew to a red card for an off-the-ball incident.
- They will be hoping for a cup win to follow suit but they have been handed a tough group once again with Ulster, Clermont Auvergne and Harlequins making it look like difficult work to progress from Pool 3.
- Taulupe Faletau has returned to training following a collarbone injury that ruled him out of the RWC for Wales but this game could come too soon for the Bath back row.
- Ulster had their three-match winning streak ended by Munster in the Pro 14 but they pushed the unbeaten side all the way in a close contest and coach Dan McFarland is well up for another good showing at the Champions Cup after coming through as group runners-up last season.
- The Irish side will be targeting this away match at Bath as a winnable fixture as they look to make it out of a difficult Pool 3 and they have never lost to the English side in this tournament, winning four out of four matches played.
- The Ulstermen were boosted by the return of eight Ireland internationals at the weekend with their squad looking significantly stronger just in time for the first weekend of Champions Cup action.
Bath have never beaten Ulster in their four Champions Cup matches and will face another uphill task in this one, though their recent win over then Premiership leaders Northampton will put them in the right mood for another upset. Ulster have their Irish internationals back in the mix at just the right time, though, and they should prove to be the difference to help their side to edge this opening Champions Cup contest.