When is Pumas vs Sharks taking place? Saturday 3rd August, 15:00 (UK)
Where is Pumas vs Sharks taking place? Mbombela Stadium
What channel is Pumas vs Sharks on? UK viewers can watch this match on Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Pumas vs Sharks? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Pumas vs Sharks? https://online.computicket.com/web/event/phakisa_pumas_vs_cell_c_sharks/1320720461
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Pumas are yet to win in this year’s Currie Cup having lost all three of their matches so far with their latest defeat a 17-25 reverse against Blue Bulls which left them in the relegation play-off spot.
- Due to their poor start, the Pumas can now only make the semi-final stage by winning all of their remaining games with bonus points and even that may not be enough to seal a top 4 spot.
- Despite their defeat last week, the Pumas have named the same starting line-up as they look to earn their first win of the competition but face a tough task against a side they have not beaten since 2015.
- The Sharks will come into this contest with the Pumas on the back of a week off following their bye and will want to build on their win in their previous contest as they defeated Western Province.
- That was a big result for the Sharks as they bounced back from their heavy loss against Griquas in their opening game but now face their first match away from home having started their campaign with back-to-back home games.
- Only one change has been made to the side that took to the field against Western Province with Junior Springbok skipper Phendulani Buthelezi named in the starting XV with Jacques Vermeulen lining up on the bench.
This is a big game for both teams and is likely to shape how the rest of the tournament plays out from this point on. A loss for the Pumas would leave them in serious relegation trouble whilst defeat for the Sharks would leave them with a challenge to make the semi-finals. The away side were impressive in their last game and coming into this the fresher following their bye week, they can edge this one to put themselves in a strong positon to finish in the top 4.