When is Wales vs England taking place? Saturday 17th August, 14:15
Where is Wales vs England taking place? Principality Stadium, Cardiff
What is the expected weather for Wales vs England? 18c with the surface set to be slippy due to frequent showers during the day
What channel is Wales vs England on? Wales vs England will be shown live on Sky Sports Action and Channel 4
Where can I stream Wales vs England? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go/Channel 4 website
Where can I get tickets for Wales vs England? Check https://www.autumn-internationals.co.uk/2019/wales-v-england.html for ticket information
What was the score in the last meeting? England 33-19 Wales
THE TEAM NEWS
- Wales’ 14-match winning streak was brought to an end as their strong side were defeated by an experimental England line-up at Twickenham last weekend but they will get a chance for a quick reprieve here.
- They will face their bitter rivals once again but this time on home soil although they will be without fly-half Gareth Anscombe after he suffered an ACL injury that will cruelly rule him out of the World Cup.
- The Welsh were expected to rotate their side in this game but could opt for another strong team following last week’s defeat as Warren Gatland tries to get some combinations working ahead of the World Cup.
- Some of England’s fringe players did their World Cup chances no harm at all after a strong performance against Wales last week as their experimental side overcame a strong Welsh outfit.
- England could end up fielding several players who featured last week, despite that going against what was initially planned, due to the unavailability of the likes of Henry Slade and Jack Nowell.
- Ruaridh McConnochie was a surprise name in Eddie Jones’ 31-man squad for the World Cup and the uncapped back could make his debut in this game, though he may line-up at fullback rather than his preferred position on the wing.
England were surprise winners over Wales last week and they have the chance to add a second win in as many weeks over their rivals. The Welsh fielded what was close to a full-strength line-up but England’s experimental team got the better of them. Another loss here for Wales would be difficult to take, especially when the winner could jump to the top of the world rankings if New Zealand lose to Australia at the weekend, and they will have to improve greatly if they are to topple what is expected to be a stronger England line-up.