When is Italy vs Russia taking place? Saturday 17th August, 17:25 (UK)
Where is Italy vs Russia taking place? Stadio Riviera delle Palme, San Bernedetto del Tronto
What is the expected weather for Italy vs Russia? 27c in bright sunshine and a few clouds
What channel is Italy vs Russia on? Italy vs Russia will be not be shown live in the UK
Where can I stream Italy vs Russia? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Italy vs Russia?
What was the score in the last meeting? Italy 53-17 Russia
THE TEAM NEWS
- Italy put up a decent fight against Ireland in their first Autumn International last weekend but ultimately suffered defeat as they failed to build on their good start with the Italians losing their eighth game in a row.
- They will hope to end that streak as they host Russia but will have to do so with a very different side that took to the field against the Irish with Matteo Minozzi the only player that will back up from that defeat.
- This side that has been picked to face the Russians will contain numerous experienced players such as Sergio Parisse who will captain their side whilst there is also room for the likes of David Sisi and Jake Polledri who are still new to the international stage.
- Russia will head to Italy to begin their preparations for just their second appearance at a Rugby World Cup and they will hope to put on a good show following a mixed bag of performances at the European Nations Cup earlier in the year.
- The Russians recorded a big win over Belgium before backing that up with a narrow win over Germany but they were either side of losses against Spain, Romania and Georgia and this will be a step up in class against the Italians.
- This is Russia’s first ever game against Tier 1 opposition outside of World Cup and qualifying matches and if they are to be competitive, captain and fullback Vasily Artemyev will be key as will halfback pairing Dmitry Perov and Ramil Gaisin.
Italy will be targeting this game to finally end their losing streak as they try and build some momentum ahead of the World Cup. They host Russia in a game they should win but the Russians will arrive with nothing to lose in what is a historic contest for them. They have never played a Tier 1 nation outside of a World Cup or qualifying game and will relish this chance to test themselves but they are likely to fall short with Italy able to earn a much-needed win.