When is Ireland vs Italy taking place? Saturday 10th August, 14:00
Where is Ireland vs Italy taking place? Aviva Stadium, Dublin
What is the expected weather for Ireland vs Italy? 18c with a high chance of rain throughout
What channel is Ireland vs Italy on? Ireland vs Italy will be shown live on Channel 4
Where can I stream Ireland vs Italy? This match can be streamed online via the Channel 4 website
Where can I get tickets for Ireland vs Italy? Check https://www.autumn-internationals.co.uk/2019/ireland-v-italy.html for ticket information
What was the score in the last meeting? Italy 16-26 Ireland
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ireland will ramp up their preparations for the World Cup as they play their first Autumn International which is also their first game since an underwhelming Six Nations campaign in which they finished third.
- Heavy defeats against England and Wales were not ideal results for the Irish but a game against Italy should see them get back to winning ways before they face England in two weeks.
- Ireland are likely to name an experimental line-up for this game and there could be a debut for Jean Klyen but head coach Joe Schmidt will not be in charge for the game as he is back home in New Zealand because of a family bereavement.
- Italy lost all five of their matches at the Six Nations and have now gone seven games without a win with their last victory coming against Georgia back in November last year which is not the best of form to take into a World Cup.
- The Italians defeated Ireland in March 2013 but have had no joy in the eight contests since and this trip to the Aviva Stadium looks a daunting one considering the awful run of form they find themselves in.
- Italy have named a 38-man squad for their matches against Ireland and Russia but it is expected that they will name something close to their best team against the Irish before rotating against the Russians.
Ireland shaped as one of the favourites for the World Cup when they defeated New Zealand at the end of last year but a poor Six Nations campaign brought them back down to earth. They were comfortably beaten by both England and Wales and have had a few months to stew on those performances. They may name an experimental side here with some new combinations as players look to force their way into World Cup reckoning and they should be too strong for the Italians.