When is England vs Ireland taking place? Saturday 24th August, 15:00
Where is England vs Ireland taking place? Twickenham, London
What is the expected weather for England vs Ireland? 28c with some cloudy skies but little chance of rain
What channel is England vs Ireland on? England vs Ireland will be shown live on Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream England vs Ireland? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for England vs Ireland? Check https://www.autumn-internation... for ticket information
What was the score in the last meeting? Ireland 20-32 England
THE TEAM NEWS
- England missed out on the chance to top the world rankings for the first time since 2004 as they suffered defeat to Wales in Cardiff which saw them fail to back up their victory against the same team in their previous game.
- In a low-scoring contest, Eddie Jones’ men were edged out 13-6 but the England head coach could be boosted by the return of some of his key men for this game against Ireland as they look to ramp up their preparations for the World Cup.
- Three contenders for a starting spot in the back row could return with Mark Wilson, Tom Curry and Sam Underhill all likely to be fit enough to take their places in the side here whilst Mako Vunipola could also be in contention following hamstring surgery.
- Ireland head to Twickenham on the back of a win over Italy in their first Autumn International but should be refreshed and focused after some solid time on the training pitches as they did not have a game last weekend.
- The Irish were 29-10 winners over Italy but will want to build on that performance as they face a tougher test and they could be without some pivotal players with Robbie Henshaw, Keith Earls and Johnny Sexton all sitting out training in the early part of the week.
- The unavailability of Sexton in particular will be a worry for the Irish who are also without Joey Carbery in the no. 10 position but it does present a big chance for Jack Carty and Ross Byrne to stake their claim for a place in the side.
England will hope to bounce back to winning ways after last week’s disappointing defeat against Wales. The experimental side failed to make it two wins in as many weeks over their Welsh opponents but they should field a much stronger XV here and that should help yield a different result. Ireland have some injury concerns and that could hamper their preparations with England likely to be too good for them in this one.