When is Australia vs Samoa taking place? Saturday 7th September, 10:30 (UK)
Where is Australia vs Samoa taking place? Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta
What is the expected weather for Australia vs Samoa? 14c with clear skies
What channel is Australia vs Samoa on? Australia vs Samoa will be not be shown live in the UK
Where can I stream Australia vs Samoa? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Australia vs Samoa? Check https://premier.ticketek.com.a... for ticket information
What was the score in the last meeting? Australia 23-32 Samoa
THE TEAM NEWS
- Australia will have had plenty of time to dwell on their hammering to New Zealand as they blew a great position to win the Bledisloe Cup following their victory in the first leg but the All Blacks dominated them in the second.
- The 36-0 loss will either spur the Wallabies on ahead of the World Cup or leave them with lingering doubts over their ability and they will be keen to avoid making any early errors against Samoa as they bid to avoid putting pressure on themselves.
- It is likely to be an under-strength team that takes to the field for Australia as head coach Michael Cheika looks to avoid injuries and he has called-up Rob Valentini to potentially make his Test debut whilst Jack Maddocks is also in contention.
- Samoa lost two of their three games at the IRB Pacific Nations Cup earlier in the year which was not ideal preparation for the World Cup but they will take heart from the fact that both of those losses were close-run things and they came out on top against Tonga.
- They will need to be at the top of their game as they head to Australia for this clash with the Wallabies but they have an inexperienced squad with only eight players having previously featured in a World Cup.
- Samoa have named two uncapped players in their 31-man squad for Japan and both could make their international debut in this game with Michael Alaalatoa set to go head-to-head with his brother who plays for Australia.
The message from Australia is loud and clear ahead of this game with avoiding injuries the main objective. That has seen two players who will not travel to Japan for the World Cup come into contention after receiving call-ups to join the squad ahead of this game and they are both likely to feature in what will be an under-strength side. Samoa will give it their all and will be boosted by the fact they are not facing the best Australian side available but the Wallabies should still have too much.