2019-20 European Rugby Champions Cup – Toulouse vs Montpellier Preview & Prediction
When is Toulouse vs Montpellier taking place? Sunday 8th December, 2019 – 15:15 (UK)
Where is Toulouse vs Montpellier taking place? Stade Ernest Wallon, Toulouse
What is the expected weather for Toulouse vs Montpellier? 13c with light rain expected
What television channel is Toulouse vs Montpellier on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport
Where can I stream Toulouse vs Montpellier? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Toulouse vs Montpellier? Official club websites will have ticket information about specific games. Tickets for the 2020 Finals in Marseilles can be obtained here
What was the score in the last meeting between Toulouse and Montpellier? Montpellier 33-22 Toulouse
THE TEAM NEWS
- Toulouse look like they have well and truly overcome their early season jitters after making it four wins in a row in all competitions with a big victory in the Top 14 against Aviron Bayonnais at the weekend.
- That backed up another impressive win in their last Top 14 game against Clermont Auvergne with two wins in the European Champions Cup in between as the French outfit really begin to hit their straps.
- Toulouse had to work hard for both of their wins in the Champions Cup so far but another win here over their compatriots will put them within touching distance of a place in the knockout stages.
- Montpellier made a statement in the Top 14 at the weekend as they handed out a big defeat to league leaders Lyon and they will be hoping to back that performance up in a pivotal clash in the European Champions Cup.
- After they were edged out by Connacht in their opening game, Montpellier hit back and were able to get the better of Gloucester despite a late comeback attempt by the English side but now face a do-or-die double-header against Toulouse.
- Montpellier are going to be without Jacques du Plessis after he was handed a five-week suspension for striking in the maul in their previous game in the competition and the South African will be a big loss in the pack.
This all-French clash in the European Champions Cup could go a long way to determining which side comes out on top of Pool 5. Toulouse have won both of their games so far whilst Montpellier have managed just one win from their two games, making this more important for them. A defeat here would leave them up to nine points behind their counterparts and that would be very difficult to overcome. Montpellier were impressive at the weekend but Toulouse look to be the more consistent outfit and they should be able to extend their winning streak to five matches in all competitions.