2019-20 European Rugby Champions Cup – Sale vs Exeter Chiefs Preview & Prediction
When is Sale vs Exeter Chiefs taking place? Sunday 8th December, 2019 – 15:15 (UK)
Where is Sale vs Exeter Chiefs taking place? AJ Bell Stadium, Salford
What is the expected weather for Sale vs Exeter Chiefs? 8c with showers expected
What television channel is Sale vs Exeter Chiefs on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport
Where can I stream Sale vs Exeter Chiefs? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Sale vs Exeter Chiefs? Official club websites will have ticket information about specific games. Tickets for the 2020 Finals in Marseilles can be obtained here
What was the score in the last meeting between Sale and Exeter Chiefs? Sale 14-20 Exeter Chiefs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sale have followed up every loss with a win in the Premiership and European Champions Cup so far this season and will be hoping for the same again after they were defeated by Worcester Warriors at the weekend.
- The Sharks were on top in that game until Jean-Luc Du Preez’s red card and they will need to regroup if they are to bounce back from that loss as they host Exeter Chiefs in what looks set to be a very difficult contest. A loss for Sale could have major ramifications on their chance of progressing.
- Faf De Klerk played an integral role for Sale last week but it was not enough to help his side overcome their numerical disadvantage and the scrum-half is likely to be key to his team’s chances in this one.
- Exeter Chiefs produced a superb second-half as they ran in 28 unanswered points against Wasps to make it three wins in a row in all competitions and they will be very confident heading into this clash with Sale.
- The Chiefs top Pool 2 with 10 points having claimed bonus-point victories in both of their matches so far and they will take some beating as they look to take a giant stride towards the knockout stages.
- Exeter could have issues on the wing with Alex Cuthbert set to be out for a prolonged period after being told he needed surgery on a hamstring injury despite impressing in his absence last time out, Tom O’Flaherty picked up a hamstring issue of his own which makes him a doubt.
This all-English affair is a very important one for Sale who will be left with an uphill task of progressing to the knockout stages if they are defeated. Exeter have been one of the most impressive teams in the European Champions Cup during the two rounds of matches so far and are the only side to have picked up maximum points from those games. They are on a good run of form and should be able to maintain that with another victory here.