2019-20 European Rugby Champions Cup – Leinster vs Lyon Preview & Prediction
When is Leinster vs Lyon taking place? Sunday 12th January, 2020 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Leinster vs Lyon taking place? RDS Arena, Dublin
What is the expected weather for Leinster vs Lyon? 7c with cloudy spells but rain unlikely
What television channel is Leinster vs Lyon on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport
Where can I stream Leinster vs Lyon? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Leinster vs Lyon? Official club websites will have ticket information about specific games. Tickets for the 2020 Finals in Marseilles can be obtained here
What was the score in the last meeting between Leinster and Lyon? Lyon 6-13 Leinster
THE TEAM NEWS
- Leinster's superb form continued as they hammered Connacht in Pro 14 to maintain their record of winning every game this season and they will be confident of further success as they host Lyon.
- Leinster have rotated their squad all season and with their place in the last-eight already secure, they have decided to continue that theme but Rhys Ruddock has retained his place after a superb performance last week.
- Scott Fardy has been handed a starting spot and will captain the side while there are places in the front row for Cian Healy and James Tracy but James Ryan is one of the key men to make way.
- Lyon can still progress to the knockout stages of the Champions Cup but face an uphill task having won just one of their four games and now face the daunting task of travelling to Ireland to face Leinster.
- The French outfit come into this on the back of successive wins but will need to be at their best just to stay in touch with Leinster who are capable of racking up a big score, particularly when playing on home soil.
- Thibault Regard will captain the French side, who are second in the Top 14, and he will be an important figure in the midfield with Lyon needing to be clinical when they have the ball as Leinster are likely to offer them few chances.
Leinster were the only side to seal their place in the quarter-finals after the fourth round of pool matches and they can change their side as they see fit for this game. They have made several changes but their team still looks formidable and it leaves Lyon with a huge task. The Irish giants are yet to lose this season and that record is unlikely to change in this game with Leinster able to run a big score up.