2019-20 European Rugby Champions Cup – La Rochelle vs Glasgow Warriors Preview & Prediction
When is La Rochelle vs Glasgow Warriors taking place? Saturday 7th December, 2019 – 15:15 (UK)
Where is La Rochelle vs Glasgow Warriors taking place? Stade Marcel Deflandre, La Rochelle
What is the expected weather for La Rochelle vs Glasgow Warriors? 12c in mostly cloudy skies
What television channel is La Rochelle vs Glasgow Warriors on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport
Where can I stream La Rochelle vs Glasgow Warriors? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for La Rochelle vs Glasgow Warriors? Official club websites will have ticket information about specific games. Tickets for the 2020 Finals in Marseilles can be obtained here
What was the score in the last meeting between La Rochelle and Glasgow Warriors? N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- La Rochelle got back to winning ways after three consecutive losses in all competitions as they were able to come out on top against Castres in the Top 14 at the weekend but their European Champions Cup hopes hang in the balance.
- The French outfit have lost both of their Champions Cup games so far and a third straight defeat is likely to end their involvement with La Rochelle the only side in Pool 2 yet to register a single point two matches in.
- La Rochelle will be without hooker Pierre Bourgarit after he was handed a six-week ban for making contact with the eye area of Sale flanker Tom Curry in his side’s last European Cup outing.
- Glasgow Warriors were unable to overcome their disappointing display away at Exeter Chiefs in their last European Champions Cup clash as they were defeated by Leinster in the Pro 14 at the weekend.
- The Warriors had taken the lead against Leinster but they were unable to build on the 10 points they scored in the first half as the side from Ireland managed to keep them scoreless in the second half.
- Glasgow did opt to rest numerous players against Leinster with both teams fielding under-strength line-ups ahead of this round of European matches but the Warriors will also be desperate to get some players back from what is a long injury list.
Glasgow Warriors know this is a crunch clash in their bid to progress to the knockout stages and defeat in this game against La Rochelle will leave them with an uphill task. They rested several star players last week in anticipation of this game but it is their injury list that will pose great concern to them. The Warriors are missing a host of players to injury but with some set to return here, they should give Glasgow enough of a boost to secure a vital victory.