2019-20 European Rugby Champions Cup – Glasgow Warriors vs La Rochelle Preview & Prediction
When is Glasgow Warriors vs La Rochelle taking place? Saturday 14th December, 2019 – 17:15 (UK)
Where is Glasgow Warriors vs La Rochelle taking place? Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow
What is the expected weather for Glasgow Warriors vs La Rochelle? 4c with showers expected
What television channel is Glasgow Warriors vs La Rochelle on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport
Where can I stream Glasgow Warriors vs La Rochelle? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Glasgow Warriors vs La Rochelle? Official club websites will have ticket information about specific games. Tickets for the 2020 Finals in Marseilles can be obtained here
What was the score in the last meeting between Glasgow Warriors and La Rochelle? La Rochelle 24-27 Glasgow Warriors
THE TEAM NEWS
- Glasgow Warriors produced a come-from-behind victory to earn a vital triumph in the European Champions Cup and their hopes of progressing are still alive thanks to a second win from three games in Pool 2.
- Having trailed at the break, the Warriors hit back in the second period and despite some late pressure from La Rochelle, the Scottish side were able to hold on to claim the important victory.
- Glasgow could be on the verge of making a sensational coup with Fijian lock Leone Nakarawa reportedly in talks to make a return to the club and that would give the Warriors a huge boost if they can secure his signature.
- La Rochelle played their part in an entertaining contest against Glasgow Warriors but fell short in their quest to earn their first win as the Warriors were able to repel them at the end of the game.
- The French had looked set to snatch the win at the death but were prevented by a brilliant try-saving tackle and despite placing further pressure on their opponents, they could not find a way to get over the line.
- Having won just one of their last five games in all competitions, the temptation may be to make wholesale changes for this game but in truth they were very competitive last week and could have earned the win on another day.
Glasgow Warriors had to produce some sterling defence towards the end of their game with La Rochelle last week as they held on for a vital win. With Exeter looking rampant at the top of the pool, it is important Glasgow do as much as they can to keep the Chiefs in their sights and last week’s win will give the Warriors a big boost. They will be confident of backing that up and they should be able to do just that on home soil.