2020 Super League – Salford Red Devils vs Leeds Rhinos Preview & Prediction
When is Salford Red Devils vs Leeds Rhinos taking place? Saturday 22nd February, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Salford Red Devils vs Leeds Rhinos taking place? AJ Bell Stadium
What is the expected weather for Salford Red Devils vs Leeds Rhinos? 10c in cloudy skies
What channel is Salford Red Devils vs Leeds Rhinos on? Salford Red Devils vs Leeds Rhinos will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Salford Red Devils vs Leeds Rhinos? Salford Red Devils vs Leeds Rhinos cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Salford Red Devils vs Leeds Rhinos? Click here for the official Super League ticket section
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Leeds Rhinos 12-20 Salford Red Devils
THE TEAM NEWS
SALFORD RED DEVILS
- Salford were left to rue a late yellow card as the 12 men were made to pay with Huddersfield kicking a late penalty to edge a tight game to leave the Red Devils with just one win to their name from their first three fixtures.
- Kevin Brown has been punished for his headbutt late in last week's game with the Salford man handed a two-match suspension and the Red Devils have suffered further disruption to their squad with Dan Sarginson, Lee Mossop and Josh Johnson all dropping out with injuries.
- Sebastine Ikahihifo returns after he was ineligible to face his parent club last week and he is joined in the squad by Elliot Kear and Jack Ormondroyd alongside new signing Oliver Roberts who is expected to make his debut following his arrival from Huddersfield on loan.
21-man squad: Atkin, Burke, Dudson, Evalds, Flanagan, Greenwood, Ikahihifo, Inu, Jones, Kear, Lannon, Lolohea, Lussick, McCarthy, Ormondroyd, Pauli, Roberts, Sio, Welham, Williams, Yates
Unavailable: Kevin Brown (Suspended), Dan Sarginson (Injured), Lee Mossop (Injured), Josh Johnson (Injured)
- Leeds put their poor round 1 performance behind them as they were rampant in their massive victory over Hull KR last week and they will be keen to build on that performance as they travel to Salford.
- The Rhinos were hopeful of being able to call upon captain Stevie Ward after he sat out last week but he has still been unable to overcome the symptoms of his head knock and will be forced to sit out again.
- Rhyse Martin was also hopeful of returning this week but he too will miss out following minor surgery with Alex Sutcliffe taking his place in the 21-man squad after overcoming a broken bone in his hand.
21-man squad: L. Briscoe, Cuthbertson, Donaldson, Dwyer, Evans, Gale, Handley, Holroyd, Hurrell, Lui, McLelland, Mellor, Myler, Newman, Oledzki, Prior, Seumanufagai, Smith, A. Sutcliffe, L. Sutcliffe, Walker
Unavailable: Tom Briscoe (Injured), Kruise Leeming (Injured), Dom Crosby (Injured), Stevie Ward (Injured), Rhyse Martin (Injured)
Salford played out a hard-fought game with Huddersfield but came out second best with Kevin Brown's moment of madness costing them. He will be suspended for this game as a result of that headbutt and that will make their task against Leeds even more difficult. The Rhinos ran riot against Hull KR last week and with confidence high following that big win, they are heavily fancied here.