2020 Super League – Salford Red Devils vs Huddersfield Giants Preview & Prediction
When is Salford Red Devils vs Huddersfield Giants taking place? Friday 14th February, 2020 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Salford Red Devils vs Huddersfield Giants taking place? AJ Bell Stadium
What is the expected weather for Salford Red Devils vs Huddersfield Giants? 8c in cloudy skies
What channel is Salford Red Devils vs Huddersfield Giants on? Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Salford Red Devils vs Huddersfield Giants? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for Salford Red Devils vs Huddersfield Giants? Click here for the official Super League ticket section
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Salford Red Devils 32-12 Huddersfield Giants
THE TEAM NEWS
SALFORD RED DEVILS
- Salford bounced back from their heavy loss to St. Helens as they earned their first win of the season against Toronto last week and they will look to build on that with their second home game in succession as they host Huddersfield.
- The Red Devils made a few changes to their round 1 defeat and they seemed to work with a similar 17 likely to be named here, although they will be forced into at least one change with on-loan Sebastine Ikahihifo unable to face his parent club.
- Mark Flanagan comes back into contention after he missed out last week and that is the only change to the 21-man squad with Ikahihifo’s spot in the side the only change anticipated, unless Salford have any injury issues to deal with.
21-man squad: Atkin, Brown, Burke, Dudson, Evalds, Flanagan, Greenwood, Inu, Johnson, Jones, Lannon, Lolohea, Lussick, McCarthy, Mossop, Pauli, Sarginson, Sio, Welham, Williams, Yates
Unavailable: Sebastine Ikahihifo (Ineligible)
- Huddersfield were victims of Storm Ciara as their game with Leeds was postponed, much to their disappointment after a promising round 1 win, and they will be eager to get back on the field this week.
- The Giants have a few injury worries ahead of this game but Jordan Turner will be available to make his first appearance of the season after he served a suspension against Catalans in their only game of the season so far.
- With no game last week, Huddersfield have opted to name the same 21-man squad that was due to take on Leeds and Simon Woolford is unlikely to move too far away from the side that played in France, although Turner is likely to come in for Jake Wardle who got injured in that contest.
21-man squad: Clough, Edwards, English, Gaskell, Gavet, Holmes, Lawrence, Matagi, McGillvary, McIntosh, Murphy, O’Brien, Russell, I. Senior, L. Senior, Sezer, Ta’ai, Turner, Walne, Jo. Wardle, Wood
Unavailable: Ashton Golding (Injured), Leroy Cudjoe (Injured), Akuila Uate (Injured), Jake Wardle (Injured)
Huddersfield produced one of the most eye-catching results of round 1 but they were unable to get the chance to build on that as their game with Leeds was called off because of the weather. They will hope to put that right as they head to Salford and despite the home side winning their game with Toronto last week, the Giants should be too good if their win over Catalans was anything to go by.