2020 Super League – Huddersfield Giants vs Wigan Warriors Preview & Prediction
When is Huddersfield Giants vs Wigan Warriors taking place? Sunday 1st March, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Huddersfield Giants vs Wigan Warriors taking place? John Smith's Stadium
What is the expected weather for Huddersfield Giants vs Wigan Warriors? 4c in partly cloudy skies
What channel is Huddersfield Giants vs Wigan Warriors on? Huddersfield Giants vs Wigan Warriors will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Huddersfield Giants vs Wigan Warriors? Huddersfield Giants vs Wigan Warriors cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Huddersfield Giants vs Wigan Warriors? Click here for the official Super League ticket section
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Huddersfield Giants 22-38 Wigan Warriors
THE TEAM NEWS
- Huddersfield maintained their unbeaten start to the season as they proved too good for Hull KR last week and the Giants impressed on both sides of the ball in that effort as they picked up their third straight victory.
- The Giants will now face a tough test of their credentials as they host Wigan and if Huddersfield are able to come out on top of this game, they will believe they can challenge for a spot in the play-offs.
- James Gavet was stretchered off in last week’s game after suffering a neck injury but the prop looks to have avoided serious injury although he will be a doubt for this contest against the Warriors.
21-man squad: McGillvary, Jake Wardle, Turner, Gaskell, Sezer, Gavet, O'Brien, Matagi, Edwards, Joe Wardle, Lawrence, English, Wilson, Murphy, Ta'ai, Clough, Holmes, Louis Senior, Innes Senior, Wood, Walne
Unavailable: Ashton Golding (Injured), Leroy Cudjoe (Injured), Akuila Uate (Injured), Darnell McIntosh (Injured)
Questionable: James Gavet (Injured)
- Wigan were too good for Hull FC last week as they made it three wins from four to start this Super League campaign although all of those victories have come on home soil and they will be eager to pick up their first win on the road as they travel to Huddersfield.
- The Warriors put in arguably their best performance of the season so far as they outplayed their opponents in the second half last week but they know they will need to improve further in this contest.
- Wigan continue to have a handful of players on the sidelines but allowed Joe Greenwood to join Leeds on loan this week and that suggests that they should be able to welcome some of their injured players back into the fold this week.
21-man squad: Hardaker, Marshall, Hankinson, French, Leuluai, Clubb, Powell, Burgess, Isa, Farrell, Smithies, Partington, Bullock, Byrne, Manfredi, Clark, Bibby, Shorrocks, Smith, Havard, Hastings
Unavailable: Oliver Gildart (Injured), Ben Flower (Injured), Sean O’Loughlin (Injured)
Huddersfield have been the surprise package of the season in these opening rounds but face a real test as they host Wigan this week. The Giants are the only remaining unbeaten side in Super League as the season reaches round 5 but this is their toughest assignment of the season to date. The Warriors defended well to restrict Hull FC in their game last week and although they come into this game as favourites, this is likely to be a close game with the Giants just edging things on momentum.