2019 Super League – St. Helens vs Huddersfield Giants Preview & Prediction
When is St. Helens vs Huddersfield Giants taking place? Friday 6th September, 19:45
Where is St. Helens vs Huddersfield Giants taking place? Totally Wicked Stadium
What channel is St. Helens vs Huddersfield Giants on in the UK? St. Helens vs Huddersfield Giants will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match in the UK? N/A
Where can I get tickets for St. Helens vs Huddersfield Giants?
St. Helens – https://www.saintsrlfc.com/tickets/match-tickets/
Huddersfield Giants – https://giants.tickethour.co.uk/
THE TEAM NEWS
Head Coach: Justin Holbrook
Squad: Amor, Ashworth, Bentley, Costello, Fages, Grace, Knowles, Lomax, Makinson, McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Naiqama, Paulo, Percival, Richardson, Roby, Taia, Thompson, Walmsley, Welsby
Unavailable: Matty Lees, Joseph Paulo
- St. Helens bounced back from their Challenge Cup heartache with a win although it was a very scrappy one over Castleford as they managed to score just one try in the 4-0 win which was the joint lowest-scoring game in Super League history.
- Saints will have Dom Peyroux and Lachlan Coote back after both sat out last week's win with minor injuries whilst Aaron Smith has served his two-match ban but is not selected in the 19-man squad.
- Kevin Naiqama and Theo Fages also come back into contention for Saints after they were left out last week but there is no place in the 19 for Joseph Paulo who has picked up a knock whilst Jack Welsby also drops out.
Head Coach: Simon Woolford
Squad: Butler, Clough, Frawley, Gaskell, Hewitt, Ikahihifo, Kirby, Lawrence, Leeming, McGilvary, Matagi, McIntosh, Mellor, Murphy, O’Brien, L. Senior, Ta’ai, Walne, Ja. Wardle, Wilson
Unavailable: Akuila Uate, Leroy Cudjoe, Jordan Turner, Matty English, Joe Wardle, Oliver Roberts, Matt Frawley, Aaron Murphy
- Huddersfield claimed a vitally important win in their bid to stay up as they shocked Hull FC but they now face a huge ask to back that up as they travel to St. Helens who are unbeaten on home soil this year.
- The Giants opted to change their halfback pairing again with Matt Frawley partnering Lee Gaskell and that pair looked set to be retained following a strong showing but Frawley has picked up an injury and will be unavailable here.
- Aaron Murphy is also out with a knock so that will mean at least two changes for the Giants this week with Adam Walne returning from injury and Tom Holmes joins him in the 19-man squad.
St. Helens edged Castleford on their return to league action but will hope for a more fluent performance after managing just a single try last week. They host a Huddersfield side that secured an important win last week but Saints could bring them back down to earth here. The table topping side have won all of their games on home soil this year and should be able to end their home campaign in the regular season with 14 wins from 14.